|"The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is the way one uses them." ~~Richard Bach
When you experience uncomfortable feelings like unrest, sadness, irritation or depression, don't be so quick to label them as bad feelings. Your feelings are genuine, and signs that something is stirring inside of you.
Our feelings guide and protect us. They help us know what is going on inside and around us. They are our directors and teachers. Don't judge your feelings but follow their direction to reveal the underlying issue so
you can move forward to a resolution.
This month really listen to your emotions. When you repress your emotions, you are working against them.
But if you embrace your emotions, you work with them, so they can heal and protect you as they were meant
to do. Remember that emotional well-being is directly related to your physical and mental well-being. Don't permit your feelings to drag you down. Acknowledge them, let them go, and then take action. Remember, responding in this way is not only a step toward creating a happier life, but you will also be moving toward
living in an emotional state that supports good health. Every thought we have has a powerful effect on the body.
Step 1: Recovering your Emotional Wisdom
It's important to be aware of the amount of emotional stress that you are attempting to cope with in life. Take some time to think about your life and how you respond to external influences. Identify the specific emotional stressors that you are dealing with. Ask yourself the following questions. Your answers will go a long way in helping you reduce your stress load.
1. Do you enjoy your work/co-workers? Do you feel secure in your job?
2. Are you in a supportive family/home environment? Do you have opportunities to express and receive
3. Do you trust that you will always have enough of what you need? Do you have sufficient creative
4. Does your environment feel like a sanctuary, free of clutter?
5. Do you make time for relaxation during the course of your day? Do you enjoy deep restful sleep?
6. Do you take days off? Do you go on vacation?
7. Are your relationships harmonious? Are you involved in community activities (spiritual,
social, professional, volunteer)?
8. Are you virtually free of any significant health challenges?
9. Have you accomplished a notable personal achievement in the past six months?
If the majority of your answers are YES, you have created a life that supports you emotionally. If you notice
that you have more NO answers, take some time to evaluate how you can improve the quality of your life experience.
To begin Step 1, acknowledge and embrace your emotions so that you can discover their cause and work towards a resolution.
Step 1: To begin recovering a sense emotional wisdom, I will:
There are different things you can do in everyday life to ensure you remain in touch with your emotions. Consider the following:
1. Breathe slowly and deeply.
2. Rejuvenate with a nature break.
3. Let your media influences be uplifting and positive.
4. Get plenty of good sleep.
5. Make a commitment to regular stretches.
6. Keep writing in your morning pages.
7. Continue to schedule your artist dates.
8. Cultivate a spirit of gratitude.
9. Discover mindfulness.
10. Practice patience.
Don't let the winter weather get you down. Participate in some type of activity to keep your emotions
positive and inspiring!
• Indulge in a warm bath
• Take up Nordic Pole Walking
• Go see a funny movie
• Play some of your favourite music while making a lovely dinner
• Strap on your skates and skate on an outdoor rink
• Buy a copy of your long-lost favourite book and read a few chapters with a cup of tea
Stop resisting your feelings so you can see what they offer you: a sense of wisdom, and an opportunity for nourishment and growth.
January 2012: Nordic Pole Walking
A low-impact exercise suitable for everyone burns up to 46% more calories than exercise walking without poles or moderate jogging and increases heart and cardiovascular training to 25% more effective. Nordic Pole Walking supports stress management and emotional wellness.
Contact Susan Holm for more information at Natural Health Care Centre.
January 2012: SOLRAY-D PROTOCOL
Empower your immune system now to keep you healthy during flu and cold season safely, efficiently, economically with SOLRAY-D PROTOCOL: Solray -D, Phyto Cal Mag w/ Boron, Bio-Omega 3 from Physica Energetics.
January 2012: Jaydancin Organic Makeup and Skin Care Products!
Vickie Balazs, offers a line of products that are created from the heart and human spirit. Jaydancin is built on Vickie's personal passion about organic ingredients, the production process, quality and the results and experience of her customers. ALL NATURAL ORGANIC makeup & skin care line, that nourishes and restores to health her clients of all ages, from babies, to athletes, to grandparents.
Check out our organic facial kit! Facial Kit includes travel sizes of:
Head to Toes Moisturizing Cream
Make the switch kit! This kit contains our facial products as well as some basic organic make-up, everything
you need to 'make the switch' to Organic!
Contact Susan Holm today at 519.886.3000 to learn more about these amazing products!
January 2012: Electrodermal Screening has arrived!
• Measures electrical energy circulating through the body
• Detects toxins, allergies, and energy imbalances in the body
• Screens for potential natural remedies and therapies to restore balance
• Restores cellular communication
• Detoxifies and nourishes your cells
• Balances hormones, blood sugar and metabolism
• People suffering from fatigue, anxiety, depression
• People with hormonal imbalances
• People suffering with allergies, poor digestion or arthritis and joint pains
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, contact Susan Holm at 519.886.3000.
I wish you and your loved ones a year of health, love and happiness. Stay tuned for a year of inspirational newsletters with great tips and tricks for maintaining optimum emotional wisdom.
Until then, I remain yours in good health.
52 Bridgeport Road E. Waterloo, ON N2J 2J6
View the Natural Health Care Centre archived newsletters.
If you do not wish to receive further issues of the Natural Health Care Centre newsletter, please unsubscribe
at http://www.naturalhealthcentre.ca/newsletter.cfm and fill out the form. Then click the "Unsubscribe" button.